Along with my nice green stripey bed skirt, I found this adorable crib bed skirt. It might be hard to see, but the fabric is a very light pink with darker pink polka dots. The trim around the bottom is brown corduroy - ADORABLE! There was no way I could pass by this fabric.
|Try not to let the kitchen flooring distract you...|
I didn't want to make another skirt, so I decided on an apron for Ella because I've been meaning to make us both (matching) aprons for awhile. The pattern for this apron is a combination of my own and one I found on Pinterest. I'll link to it when I get there!
The first thing I did was to rip out all the stitches attaching the pink material with the centre white material. This was probably the longest part of the entire project. I pressed all the pink material and put aside the white material - I'll probably use that to stuff some of my felt play-food.
I made the 'skirt' portion first. I cut a rectangle of material which was about 20 inches by 12 inches. I kept the existing length of the material (12 inches), but I chose 20 inches for the width based on one of Ella's skirts. I sewed a 1 inch seam along each side of the skirt, but I left the top alone. I love the existing corduroy hem - otherwise, I would have done a ruffle along the bottom.
For the waistband and tie, I used the pattern found here. It was super easy to do, however, I wish my skirt was more gathered where it meets the waistband. Next time I will be more careful with my measurements before sewing!
And here's the finished product:
|I made this from that (above)|
I'm thinking this will be a birthday or Christmas gift for Ella - so there's no picture with her wearing it...and don't tell her! :D
Stop by the blog tomorrow to see the pictures from Harrison's first birthday party. Well, here's a sneak preview.