Saturday, 5 May 2012

Sanity in a mug: My Chai Tea Latte Recipe

Today I thought I would share one of my favourite treats.  That's right, this one is for the mommas (or the dads).  Last year my mom and I became slightly obsessed with the Chai Tea Latte from Timothy's.  It's so darn delicious!  In addition to being delicious, it's chalked full of sugar and fat...I'm sure of it...and I have to drive 20 minutes to get to the nearest Timothy's.  There must be an easier way!!!  :D


There is -  we decided to make our own!  My Chai Tea Latte 'recipe' has significantly less sugar and fat, and it can be made in the comfort of your own home!


Here it is:


Step 1:  Gather ingredients & supplies.
Chai tea bag (I had chocolately chai on hand), 1% milk, local organic liquid honey, cinnamon, your favourite mug, frother, spoon...measuring cup and boiling water which are not in the picture
 Step 2: Pour boiling water over tea bag, filling mug half-way full;  then add 1 spoonful of honey (less sugar).  Mix it up a bit.

Step 3:  While tea is steeping, heat 2/3 of a cup of 1% milk (less fat) until just boiling.  Obviously, your milk to water ratio will depend on your taste.


Step 4:  Froth milk for a few seconds.  My nifty frother came with my hot chocolate maker, but you can buy them at most stores that sell kitchen gadgets.

 Step 5:  Add milk to your mug and give a quick sir; sprinkle top with cinnamon.
I realize this doesn't look super appetizing

Step 6:  Enjoy!  
Nobody was here to take this picture, so I had to take it myself which is why I look completely ridiculous...the things you do for your blog!

This tea is the perfect treat to have while the children are napping - or after a long day.  It's also a nice chaser to any of the following scenarios:
Everything in this drawer was eventually on the floor

Harry found Ella's microphone

There is a baby lock on this cupboard, but he can still get his hand in far enough to grab the crackers

Looking for more treasures


The picture I don't have to include is the one of Harrison reaching into Ella's potty to grab the soaking wet toilet paper that was left in there.  No time to photo that - I got to him just before he put it in his mouth.  




Needless to say, I have one of these babies everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole CraddockJuly 03, 2012 12:58 am

    This was a goodie! Adding to my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: