Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Easter Fun - Day Two!

Today I set up an Easter craft for Ella to do.  This is another cute craft idea inspired from a post I found on Pinterest - you can find it on my 'Easter Fun' Board.  The post is called 'Collage Easter Egg' and it was created by No Time for Flash Cards.

 Basically I cut out a large egg-shape from strong construction paper.  I also gathered some pieces of different materials like tissue paper, ribbon, buttons and construction paper - you can really use anything you want.  I also pulled out some glittery glue, just for extra fun!  The purple scissors below have a shaped-blade, so they cut a cute pattern on paper rather than a straight edge.  I used these to cut out some pieces of construction paper.  I also found some yellow and green furry string.

here are my supplies for the project

I covered the egg with white glue and let Ella work away by sticking the materials on wherever she wanted.  This is a great activity for toddlers because they get total control over where on the paper they want to put stuff.  It's also a no-fail activity because it will look great any way it turns out!






Here Ella is using her finger (yes, one finger - God forbid we get our hands dirty!) to spread around the glitter glue

These buttons were Ella's favourite item to put on the egg!
I was anticipating this project would take a bit of time, however, Ella was done in about 2 minutes.  It was pretty funny for me to watch, but also a bit frustrating.  I thought she would put each piece on one at a time, but instead she grabbed handfuls of material.  It's hard to tell this from the pictures of her working.  Regardless of the time it took, Ella loves doing crafts and she seemed to enjoy this one just as much as all the others.

And here's one of Harry because he missed out on all the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I may have to head over to the dollar store today to get some supplies :) Harry looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: