Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Advent Calendar - Day 7

Today's activity was playing with Christmas - shaped felt pieces.  A couple weeks ago, we cut out the pieces to make a snowman, a Santa Claus and a Christmas tree.  I was going to make a felt board so Ella could stick the shapes on something, but I ran out of time so she just played with them on the coffee table (which worked just as well).  I wasn't sure if she would know what to do or if she would even be interested, but she jumped in right away.  I glued the eyes, nose and mouth onto the snowman and Santa ahead of time - to make it a bit easier.  It turns out I didn't need to do this because she understood exactly what we were doing!  I think it may be from all the Mr. Potato Head playing.

I even ended up making another snowman and Christmas tree as well as a candy cane and a gingerbread man out of foam shapes because Ella asked for 'more pictures'.  Things started getting a little out of hand when she found a bag of fuzzy balls I had stored away for another day.  She started putting them all over the foam and felt and coffee table. My intention was for us to glue them onto a large construction paper tree but she didn't want to put them anywhere near that tree!  Probably not as exciting as decorating and eating cookies, but it was nice to do something a bit different - and she definitely had fun.  I'm sure we'll be playing with these felt pieces a few more times before Christmas.

Here are some pics.  By the time I grabbed my camera, she had pretty much just made a huge mess of all the felt/foam. 




1 comment:

  1. Did you get the eyebrows for snow man in right place(or upside down)maybe I should ask her
    grandma
    Great Grandma

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: